I recently made an iPad app purchase which then produced an receipt that was sent to my email. But rather than being charged the $4.99, the total came to $5.31. I was really surprised to see that tax had been added and made me wonder if I had been charged tax for previous purchases, unbeknownst to me . It definitely didn’t sit well that I had to find this out after the fact. And while the amount was nominal, it’s just the principle.
when it’s somebody else doing the ranting/raving/venting for once and not me.
Allows me to give back a little bit, ya know?
In honor of Chinese new year and being adventuresome, I thought taking the super team out for some super dim sum would be interesting. Especially considering that I’ve come to realize the delicate palettes that many of my super clubbers appear to have.
In attendance were me, RD, Nicki, Brian, JB, Artman and Elise. Luckily we weren’t the only non-asians there. We were seated immediately and the food wasn’t far behind. Carts of crab rolls, dumplings, bbq pork buns were swirling the table. There were plenty of jokes made given the context of the situation — the women ramming their carts into Elise’s chair, the way JB asked for 2 plates of fried rice but apparently it was translated as “no thanks” and the “rancid” pork dish that almost had RD in tears but that Elise managed to swallow.
And because of the way the waiters mark down our orders we each took turns trying to calculate the total cost based on the alphanumeric coding. JB came in just $.25 under.
In the end, it was definitely an experience.
1) No one knows what my job is
2) Denial is sad way to go through life - especially when you act like you know what you’re doing
3) Repeating things 3 times over doesn’t make it easier to understand
4) Giving someone a project and using the word “illuminate” means nothing
5) When someone asks for a deadline don’t say “well, there really isn’t one”
6) When you give someone 9 minutes to do work, you’re going to get 9 minutes worth of work
7) “Creative entrepreneur” is not a job description
8) Lack of accountability is a formula for disaster
9) Micromanaging is not inspiring
10) It’s hard to work for someone you have trouble respecting